Thursday, April 27, 2006

My Life as a Doormat by Rene Gutteridge

Enjoyment Score 2
My Life as a Doormat is an enjoyable romantic comedy. Leah, the main character is the doormat. She hates conflict and goes to great lengths to avoid it. Leah's life is turned upside down, but she emerges from the rubble victorious.

Faith Score 1.5
The first part of this book deals little with Leah or any of the other characters' "faith" outside of the fact that going to church is mentioned. The faith practices of Leah and Cinco (Leah's total opposite) are more evident in the second half of the story.

Purpose Score 1.5
This book offers encouragement for anyone who has doormat tendencies. Overall, I found this to be a light, funny and entertaining book.

Page-turner Score 2

Tearjerker Score 1
No tears, but several laugh out loud moments.

So far I have not read a Rene Gutteridge novel that I did not enjoy. If you enjoyed her Boo Series you will like this book also.





40845: My Life As a Doormat, Women of Faith Series #13My Life As a Doormat, Women of Faith Series #13

By Rene Gutteridge

No comments: